grammar guru greetings


Hello! I'm Sara. Despite the fact that all the important folks have the word "editor" in their titles, I'm the one who actually edits Method Press.  A love for grammar runs through my veins. I distinctly remember learning what a noun is in first grade, and I've been hooked on language ever since. In ninth grade English, I was the weird girl who thoroughly enjoyed diagramming sentences. I spot apostrophe errors and misspellings all around me, and it drives me nuts. I often photograph them and have an on-going collection here. I even read about grammar, as you can see.



Editing is natural for me. I resist urges to correct people on a regular basis (it's rude, I'm told.) So you can imagine how delighted I am to find opportunities in which people ask me to correct their language mistakes! I've edited a lot of things in my life--my husband's thesis, my master's program's policy manual, my professor's publications--but I must say that this is by far my favorite editing gig to date. I'm happy to be a part of the Method Press team! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment