clinks a glass from the deepest place on earth

our first real tea set

In a mere two days, our premier issue of Method Press will be sent to the press. I'm going to act calm, and pretend that typing that first sentence does not give me a micro panic attack. I don't know when the idea of making a magazine popped into my head, or what encouraged me to pursue it beyond raw experimentation, but I did.

I could not have done it without the help of some very fine and foxy women. Namely, all the gals you can research under the "our team" tab up above. Let me tell you a little something about how we put all of this together. We started on a flickr group in December and decided to make our magazine with many of us having zero idea of what we were getting ourselves into, we organized ourselves into teams and proceeded to buff this publication from our prospective computers, locations, and time zones.

Collectively, we do not even have the ability be able to view the document on the same software! And somehow, with Ashleigh's hard work, Dee's saving grace in being my right hand gal, Mandy's cool calm & collected presence, and Sara's crossing of T's and dotting of I's, we will soon have in our hands a finished product to call our own. Not to mention the wonderful contributions of our Girl Friday, Jen Stanley, our emergency article writer-Galia Alena, and our terrific superhero contributors who made this magazine what it is-Anika Toro (just wait till you read her article), Teresa Chipperfield, Trina Baker, and Julia Williams (not only flawlessly designing both the logo and the back cover, but being constantly available for improvements and helping out with design).

Many of these women told me that they would be able to give about 2 hours a week to making Method Press. I laugh as I type this because we all know we have been putting in about 2 hours...a day! I'm so grateful and astounded for these wonderful workers who let me pretend that I have the slightest clue about what I am doing, honoring my aesthetic & mission and teaching me a lot about teamwork.

No matter how this magazine changes and grows in the future, I will never forget the original team that gave me the support to make it happen in the first place. Brava, Girls.

We can't wait to show you what's in store.

As I am president of this publication, I still feel a bit as I am watching it from afar, from my house in a cul-di-sac in the middle of the Philippine sea next to Mariana's trench, the deepest place on earth. Hello from afar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment